Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Making Cookies

Today we are going to make sugar cookies. Lauren is going to be my assistant in her first time to make "real" sugar cookies. (I just bought a rolling pin last week so that tells you how often I have done this). I do make chocolate chip cookies from scratch but it has been since I've lived at home with mom I've made sugar. So I decided since Lauren is out of school for the rest of the week we would do this together.


She is all ready with all the ingredients and the recipe. (She is learning how to read the recipe today)


We are mixing the ingredients, moving right along.

Well, Austin decided he is not going to nap right now so I guess we have another helper. Let's see how that goes.



We gave him something to play with while we mix. He can learn to measure and roll.




As you can see we have lost the binkie, he's getting serious now.

I do what with this?



How does this thing work?



Is this how I do it?



The ingredients are all mixed in now we have to wrap it to chill.
Austin is looking at that like he needs it. Stay in your seat young man!!



I am getting it all wrapped up for the fridge. (Lauren thought I needed to be in a picture)


All of our stuff is ready for the next step, rolling an cutting. Then the fun part, decorating.
We are just waiting for our hour to be up.



Stay tuned for more from the cookie makers.........................









No comments: