Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dinner at Babe's Chicken

Babe's Chicken....I don't know if you have ever been there or heard of it but we had our second experience there tonight. We went to the one with Mike's family in Sanger. It is a home cookin, family style restaurant. While you are eating the waitresses walk around and sing country songs, you order and they just bring out the sides in bowls to share and all the food comes out family style (on one plate, just grab yours off and eat). It is a pretty simple restaurant...fried chicken, chicken fried steak, chicken tenders, pot roast or catfish (I think those are all the choices) green beans, creamed corn and mashed potatoes are your sides. If you haven't been you should try it out, lots of fun with a big group.
On the wall there are all kinds of funny sayings and signs. We kept looking at this one and trying to figure out what the top one says. At the end of the meal Mike and Terry were looking at it and she finally said it (She speak's Lake Livingston language though - east Texas) See if you can get it (I'll tell you later what it says, try to get it before you look at the answer).
The other two signs are pretty funny, also.
"Don't try to drown your sorrows, if she can swim"
"My cow just died, so I don't need you bull"

As we waited for our table Austin played cowboy and rode the horse.
Here is the family at the table (L-R Aunt Terry, part of Carol, Gary - Mike's mom & dad, Tim & Ginny and the side of Lauren)


Here is Mike and Lauren waiting for dinner to come.


Austin was not sure what to think about everything going on.


Here is Terry and Carol and Gary and Tim waiting for dinner


Lauren (with her newest missing tooth hole in her mouth) is playing with Uncle Greg's hat.



While we waited they played the hokey pokey and Lauren got up and did it with all the other kids. She wasn't to sure about it at first then she got into it.


Once dinner was over Uncle Greg got a chocolate pie to share with Lauren (He loves to spoil the little ones when he's here, what can you do? Gotta love him!!)
As you can see from Lauren's face it was good. Seeing as how my children love Uncle Greg, he had "Saved" Austin from his highchair so he to got to benefit from the spoiling.



He has his spoon with chocolate and topping on it and topping on his face.



"I wasn't eating that pie Mama"



"This is so GOOD!!!" Thanks Uncle Greg!!


So after an enjoyable dinner (and dessert for some) it was time to go home. On the way home my thoughts were of Austin eating chocolate pie and sleeping. Luck for Uncle Greg it didn't keep him up, he his sleeping soundly in his bed. We will have another family dinner tomorrow night, what next?
The sign you ask, what does it say? Did you try? What did you get? Go back and try one more time, wait, I'll make it easier
HAWSHAMOMINNIM?
So the sign says..... (I'll spell it out) How's your mom and them? Now go back and read it fast....that is what it says. Did you get it? Must be an East Texas thing.....Ha Ha Ha!!!
As we were leaving there was a sign at the door that I liked, with full hands I couldn't get a picture but it said
"I know God doesn't give me more than I can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much."
Sometimes when everything hits at the same time isn't that the truth.

No comments: